B. Against University Employees

  1. A student who believes that his or her rights have been violated by a university employee, other than a member of the faculty or administration, should ordinarily attempt to resolve the matter by making an informal complaint to the person involved.

    1. An informal complaint should be made as soon as possible after the alleged violation
    2. A complaint must be initiated within 30 calendar days after the student should reasonably have learned about the event which is the basis of the complaint.
  2. If the student is unable to resolve the matter on an informal basis, the student may file a formal complaint against the person involved in accordance with the grievance procedures established by the university. The student should consult with the Dean of Students or the Assistant Vice President for University Human Resource Services concerning these procedures.