1. Informal Resolutions

  1. When a student believes that any of his or her rights, as defined in the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct, have been violated by a member of the university faculty or administration, the student should ordinarily attempt to resolve the matter by making an informal complaint to the person involved.
  2. If contacting the person involved does not resolve the problem to the complainant’s satisfaction, the student may contact the Dean of Students Office for help.
  3. Grade appeals are handled by academic units in accordance with Bloomington Faculty Council Resolution Document H-XXVII regarding Academic Fairness Committees.